I’m a huge fan of Arcade Fire. So it hurts me to see some commercials and promos using the tracks, especially when they’re in the form of a lame arrangement to avoid paying copyright
– if you’re from Portugal, you’d probably notice something familiar in the new TMN Casa commercial.
The commercial, besides being empty in content and value proposition, is using a lousy composition of the track “Wake Up“.
Anyway, if you can’t wait for their new album, you can go to Hype Nonstandart and find some underground tracks, such as:
- Burning Bridges, Breaking Lives, live new track, and one of my favorites
- Intervention, another new track
- The tracks with David Bowie, for Forest Fire
- A cover version of Maps, by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs
- A cover version of Born on A Train, by The Magnetics Fields
- Age of Consent, a New Order cover
- State Trooper, a Springsteen cover