After having been scouted byBlogger’s Choice Awards for Best Marketing Blog, i’ve now been tagged by “The Marketer” and others, as part of the honorable mention list at Power 150, a global ranking of top English-language Marketing Blogs.
Another portuguese author is also there, the ever inspiring planner Sergio Santos of The Hidden Persuader, but way above me at #64. Hey, i’ve been around for less than a year, so i guess i’m doing fine for a rookie, don’t you think so? At least it’s been a hell of a ride so far, joining Feedurner’s Marketing and Advertising Network, becoming part of crew at Prt.sc, exchanging knowledge with peers and standing on the shoulder of some giants.
Having started more focused on digital marketing, this blog has gradually been expanding to broader themes, including the more mainstream “conversational marketing”, with some insights on traditional advertising and with special attention to what i like to call future marketing.
With online advertising playing an important role last year (specially the big deals by MS and Google), more eyes have been wondering around here. Except for those folks that keep bringing thousands of hits when searching for the “Heroes Soundtrack”. Well, no problem, i guess search engines are building their own long tail at this blog.
Back to the honorable mentions, Gordon Whitehead spreads some link love amongst the bloggers below #150. I’ve tried to do a bit more than that, and actually visited every single one of them (but skimming through the overcrowded PR ones), so here are my own honorable mentions:
- One of my favourite topics at Ageless Marketing
- If i was a agency planner, i would be reading this one
- but I’m more like David, with a little more restraining speaking about client work.
- Just in case any crisis comes along
- Novell’s CMO is blogging
- Poor template. Never mind. Great content
- A regular at my feed reader: Ogilivy PR
- Tasty marketing thoughts at eSoup
- Fine writing at BrandTarot
- Leo Burnett, blogging from Toronto
- Brand storms from the corporate blog of Durbin Media Group
- Well, that’s a fresh view:theclientsideblog.com
- Connecting the dots at Digital Influence Mapping
- Taking notes at the marketing community
- more hot-wiring ideas with mindblob
- Juicy posts at Influence 2.0
- Word-Of-Mouth turns academic with Walter Carl
- The movie of marketing or the marketing of movies?
- More free ebooks, Chip! (pardonthedisruption.com)
- More goodies from Canada
- More conversation
- Bryan know stuff
- Get your hands on these email marketing tips
- if i hadn’t a blog, i would be writing for you guys (specially with such a similar tag line)
- Ernie Schenck, calling advertising
- Adverlicio.us: a longtime favorite Online Advertising collection
I questioned Todd why some blogs sponsored by large media companies are included, and i have to agree with him when he says “every blog should be listed no matter who they’re sponsored by because all blogs benefit the reader”. But the real problem with this particular list is that it just ruined my feed reader, with a lot more blogs added and fewer sleeping hours.
So now I really have to THANK YOU, dear readers, for pushing me to keep writing and inspiring for almost one year. If this blog reaches the top 150 next year, then it’s because we both had fun at this humble place.
So don’t forget to visit the coolest blog from the list!
(Hey, sometimes we need to indulge ourselves a bit, right?)