The Braille League (Belgium) helps blind and partially sighted people in professional, social and cultural areas, promoting also several actions to create awareness to the problems this group of individuals faces.
On a brilliant and innovative use of the omnipresent cellphone, agency Duval Guillaume challenged a ordinary daily event: You know when you happen to make a call by accident to the first recorded contact on your cellphone address book?
So how about turn that into a good action, by placing The Braille League number on the first slot ?
And so the award winning campaign “A Blind Call” was born:
- Add “A blind call” as a contact on your cellphone (contact = A blind call ; number = 070 22 22 30)
- If you accidentaly press your address book, that would be the first number
- You no longer would bother Adrian, Alan or Armando thanks, anyway! but rather contribute to solve blind people’s problems.
- The call ends after 30 seconds with a maximum toll of 0,75 *.
- The campaign is live until 31/12/2008
Thousands of people made a blind call, and the much awarded campaign had a surprisingly large coverage in media. A great use of world’s largest platform for a good cause.
This entry was cross posted from Osocio.org