At least if you’re nominated for Phonetastic, the parallel section of the Sitges International Fantastic Film Festival, taking place nextÂ October in Catalonia. Â The mobile film festival isÂ able to present its award-winning shorts from its Official and Animation sections as candidates for the OscarsÂ®.
Here’s my selection from this year’s entries:
- Nitro Warriors.Â Michael Bay could have directed this car chase (above).
- Intrusos. Yes, you can shooting an horror movie on a smartphone.
- Recurring Symptoms. What if everyÂ timeÂ youÂ sneezed, youÂ jumped a few minutes back in time?
- Myriad,Â reflecting on the boundaries between the imaginary, the symbolic and the real.
- Sunshine for Breakfast. A stop motion Clockwork Orange in Comic Sans.
NiceÂ work from pocket size movie directors, showing thatÂ it’s not the size of your camera that matters 🙂