Detective Stripes is a hot-site announced this week by Grupo W for Rexona. The interactive plot revolves around a Shaft-like detective whose deodorant leaves no stripes on his impeccable black turtleneck.
Dani Granatta told me last year he was working on a super secret big project, and i was quite curious to find out about it (altough i suspected it would be for Rexona, based on the teasers).
The result is linear storytelling experience, with high quality production work. I always loved when digital agencies gives a behind the scenes look on their work, and Grupo W posted the whole making-of, turning the project a lot more interesting. If you don’t have the time to read the whole thing, let me shorten that for you:
- Real life, photographed storyboard plates
- 10 days of intense shooting on Mexico city, teaming with Distrito Films
- A “TakaTakaTan” beat along with an original song for the website soundtrack
- Lots of green screen shooting, superimposed later on 3D
- Huge doses of color correction and post production art-direction
- Amongst other goodies, a Detective Stripes papertoy !
More pictures on Flickr.
Congratulations, Dani & W team!