In the past few days i’ve been browsing through most of the entries at the One Show and Webby Awards. Maybe one day this blog will have his own “Inspiration Awards” but until then, here’s an extensive selection of my favorite nominations:
Digital Content & New Media
- R/GA’s digital signage project for Club Nokia
- Yep, iPhone was really huge in 2008. Here’s one app for A4 Driving Challenge (appstore link), developed by Factory Labs.
- Another landmark in digital marketing for CP+B, with the Whooper Sacrifice Facebook app.
- I’m a sucker for Branded Applications. Here’s ‘Find It‘ developed by Dare Digital for Sony Ericsson, right on time for the next Summer festivals. So, where’s my tent?
- A website about design being nominated for a Webby Award on best copy/writing is no small achievement. Design Observer has my vote.
- I had to mention an ARG, with a subtle but effective sponsoring by McDonalds of ‘The Lost Ring‘, developed by AKQA.
- The Best Job In The World. This one’s a winner. By CumminsNitro Brisbane for Tourism Queensland.
- Agency.com’s interactive video ad for Nike
- TBWA’s famous Get A Mac synced banner
- To balance the previous nomination, here’s a load of them for Microsoft, by FirstBorn:
- Shake-up Wario Land, by Goodby+Fi
- Pepsi’s open letter to Obama, with direct webcam recording. Created by R/GA.
- EepyBird (from DietCoke+Mentos fame) Sticky Notes experiments
- Nvidia’s Speak Visual, by Cutwater (and production by Odopod)
- Previously featured here, MrStrings, by Fallon London
- In An Absolut World, by the Swedish crew of Great Works.
- Axe Chocoman Hunter, by Bascule Inc japan, specially the integration with QR codes.
- More goodness from Japan, by Uniqlo and Dentsu
- Also featured here, The Unloader by Nokia, created by FarFar
- Hotel 626 for Doritos by Goodby, Silverstein & Partners
Another one from Goodby, this time for Sprint with the Plug into Now widget
- Beautiful illustration, also featured here: Hello Sour Sally, developer by Kinetic.
- Even more dreamlike than the previous one is Coraline, by W+K .
- A fresh one for me, with the corporate presence of Lumina Communications created by Kilo Studio. Love the sound design.
- The unavoidable Coca -Cola Happiness Factory, by Sapient
- Another one you can’t escape from: NIKEiD, developed by R/GA. It’s about time we start seeing more engaging e-commerce sites.
- An old one from the old master (in Internet years) Yugop, Design and the Elastic Mind at MoMa.
- A treat for photographers: Boston.com’s Big Picture. Have a look.
- Syrup built a great community resource at SavvyAuntie.com.
- From the auntie tribe to the Urban Daddy. Wishing there was such a classy site for Lisbon
- It’s impressive how NASA managed to reinvent their web presence. Managing the transition of huge amount of content while embracing new tools is no small feat.
I wonder if Obama has one more win this year, with SyrupNYC‘s work for Hope. Act. Change.
- Had to mention one great self-promotional website from the mad minds of Gringo, with Andre and crew swearing practice. Legau p’ra cara***.
- One more self-promotional portfolio worth of notice is Whitevoid, with their innovative navigation
- ‘The Girl Effect‘ was highighted at Osocio.org, a work for the Nike Foundation created by Wieden+Kennedy. As a plus, it’s also one of the best examples of Progressive Enhancement in Flash that i know of.
Online Video & Games
Lovely online strategy game for GreenPeace Brazil, by AlmapBBDO
- Content is always the Burger King. With Seth MacFarlane’s YouTube channel. By Crispin.
PangeaDay, a TED prize initiative, used the power of film to share by millions of people our common humanity.
- The always inspiring video ‘Fifty People, One Question‘
- Even with its ups and downs last year, it’s still my favorite videocast: EpicFu with Zadi Diaz.
- Props to Donnie with ‘You Sujk at Photoshop‘. Tutorials can be fun.
- As for viral, being a proud web dude, my vote is destined to ‘The Website Is Down‘. I’m sorry, what?
- Last one, with a shameless plug for LoweDraftfcb‘s Amsterdam nomination with Upload Cinema that i mentioned here a few days ago. I knew it was that good.
There. This should keep you busy for a few hours. Enjoy and don’t forget to vote on the Webby Awards.